Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Poisons in the Baby Formula

This is the Republican idea of "pro life," I guess. Poison in the baby formula? Am I missing something here? I'm reminded of that great Mudhoney line: "I'm all for life, 'till the bastard's born - and after that he's on his own..."

One thing that has long infuriated and frustrated me has been the way the Bush administration has been able to get away with this sort of thing for eight years. You'd think the people would be outraged when they see the sheer scale of corruption and greed. Now we can't drink the water, we can't eat the fish, we can't touch the toys, we can't breathe the air, and we can't even use baby formula without poisoning our kids. But trust us, they say. Why, exactly?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need help. Serious, paid-for, PhD-level help.